Empire Avenue

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Steve Jobs and adoption

Being adopted is a challenge.

Half of those who seek out their birth parents, really wished they had not.

Building a successful relationship with any parent takes decades of trial and error, love and mutual respect.

Its hardly surprising that without that platform, relationships with newly discovered birth parents don't always work out.

I am adopted - my real parents are Betty & Tadhg Hannigan.

My birthparents are very real too - but I have not sought them out.

I respect them and thank them for giving me the life I have.

I don't feel any urge to have a relationship with them beyond that.

It does not feel right.

It seems unlikely we would have the ingredients for a valuable relationship.

I think that's probably how Steve Jobs felt.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB10001424052970203499704576620911395191694-lMyQjAxMTAxMDAwOTEwNDkyWj.html?fb_ref=wsj_share_FB&fb_source=home_multiline

No comments:

Post a Comment